Trained as a UCLA-trained Mindfulness Facilitator at the Semel Institute of Neuroscience and Human Behaviour, Alison Canavan operates a private practice. She offers:
- Coaching on health and wellness
- Motivational sessions on health and well-being
- Specializing in
- Behavior changes
- Mental health
- Mindset improvement
After completing a stint as an international model for almost two decades, Alison recently has been devoting her efforts to her greatest interest: achieving true health and well-being for her family and other people.
Alison is supporting many initiatives, including:
- Ambassador for Walk in My Shoes with Adam Clayton and Brent Pope, (A national awareness and fundraising event with the objective of empowering the public across Ireland suffering mental health challenges for St. Patrick’s University Hospital for Mental Health.)
- Chairperson at the Barnardos Parental Mental Health Conference in Ireland and
- The Mindful Life Conference in Washington.
- Delivered lectures at Trinity College on covering Motherhood and Mental Health.
Alison is also a writer and columnist
- With a weekly column on wellness called ‘NIRVANA’ in The Sunday Independent
- A columnist in Positive Life Magazine.
- Appeared on the front page of US published Mindful Magazine,
- Contributed articles to
- VIP Magazine,
- You Magazine,
- The Daily Mail
Subjects related to parenting, mindfulness, pregnancy, stress and more.
She feels strongly about the human potential in us and helping individuals to reach their maximum potential. Coupled with her training at the Semel Institute, she also graduated with distinction in Nutrition and Health Coaching at the Irish Institute of Nutrition and Health, Advanced Diploma in Diet and Nutrition therapeutics, Raw Foods Mastery level 3 at The Life Change Health Institute,
Alison focuses on sharing tools and information to assist people
- Create lasting changes through intuition while making small behavioral changes everyday.
These tools and coaching facilitates making manageable changes to habits and trying new things. Alison delivers “The Full 360” approach to health and well being, encourages people to look at every aspect of their lives.