Occupational Therapist Who Is Passionate About Workplace Safety, Health, & Wellness
Sylvia Marusyk is a sought after international speaker who wants people to create their best life. She is the innovator and owner of MindBody Works, a Canadian company that emphasizes maintaining health and wellness.
Sylvia’s presentations are fun and she is passionate about health and safety. Her initial career was as an occupational therapist where she spent more than 30 years in the industry. Sylvia is a former host of a radio show named “Happy Hour with Sylvia! Her focus is on prevention as she feels that is the key to creating healthy, happy workplaces and individuals.
She dubs herself as an activational industry expert who seeks to change the way people look at corporate safety, health and wellness. One way she does that is through humour and a dynamic presentation style, which makes her speeches highly entertaining. Her audiences leave with tools and motivation to change their lives in a positive way.
Surviving to Thriving: A Guide to Self-Health
The chain reaction of events ignited by 2020 are impacting our lives, bodies, and minds. Fatigue, brain fog, unexplained symptoms, and illness are impacting performance and SAFETY in the workplace and reshaping our lives at home.
Join Sylvia and learn how to reactivate your resilience and move from surviving to thriving!
In this presentation you will walk away with:
1. An understanding of how stress affects the mind and body, especially chronic stress
2. Specific tools to move from survival into thriving, not just personally but also in the workplace
3. Practical solutions to deal with the three universal triggers of stress, to help participants not only mitigate challenges but also to PREVENT future challenges, at home and work
Change: Derailed and Reimagined
It’s just a word, but it carries a lot of baggage! Change is one of the most frightening words in the English language, but it can be one of the most exciting.
Change typically happens in big initiatives, big efforts, and big investments of time, money, and talent!
But what if there was actually a more sustainable, easier to institute, more achievable, and far less stressful way for everyone in the organization?
In this session, you will learn how positively de-railing to a unique strategy, can effortlessly shift your workplace in a whole new direction!
This powerful strategy includes:
1. Re-imagining an initiative and breaking it down to its smallest components
2. Instituting “snacking”
Stressed To Kill
With mental illness on the rise, everywhere you turn people are ready to blow their top! In “Stressed to Kill” Sylvia takes a deep look at the effects of stress, and shares her powerful tools to reduce it (the legal and moral ones only….) as well as personal strategies for becoming the “boss“ of your stress.
Stress is the next health epidemic and it tends to be contagious; infecting entire teams. Stress leave costs businesses over 50 billion dollars a year. Not to mention the cost in the loss of human potential.
Discover better health and a dramatically improved quality of life. And if that’s not enticing enough, how about learning the secret to slowing the aging process? Sylvia shares that with her audiences too!
- The powerful biochemical impact stress has, as well as its strong and indisputable link to illness.
- How to identify all the components of stress – physical, cognitive, emotional, and environmental – and avoid or modify many of these.
- The mind-body connection to stress and how you can stop it in its tracks with these techniques.
Happy Hour Begins At 9AM!
This presentation centers around creating a healthy life by focusing on happiness at work (Canadians report that work is their # 1 stressor!).
We will deal with the influence of technology, competing demands from work and home (work-life conflict), and relationships at work. You can transform your workplace into a happy, healthy, and productive place to be!
- The deadly sins committed in workplaces can squash the happiness and health of employees AND the bottom line.
- The connection between the deadly sins and your health.
- Strategies for reversing the effects of these sins at work.
- Strategies for creating greater personal happiness.
Respectfully, Up Yours: How To Play Nice At Work
What makes a good workplace great? A culture of respect and cooperation. This interactive and collaborative seminar will assist people in becoming more effective individual agents of change and more respectful as a team. We will explore practical and concrete ways of bringing these ideas to life to generate a workplace of happy, engaged, and supportive team players.
- What constitutes respectful or disrespectful behavior?
- The effect of disrespect in the workplace on SAFETY and HEALTH.
- What’s in it for you to change the way YOU do things?
- Guidelines for a respectful and psychologically safe workplace.
- Practical tools and strategies for becoming a more respectful workplace.
Rules Of Engagement
One of the hallmarks of a successful team or business; is engagement at work is directly related to a healthy bottom line. With high employee engagement, there is higher retention, profitability, customer service, loyalty, innovation, creativity, and well-being, both corporately and personally.
Adopt these strategies to create a team of engaged workers who want to be at and stay at work!
- The importance of engagement and the factors that influence it.
- Strategies to increase engagement for themselves, co-workers, and employees.
- How each participant can take ownership of their role and learn to love coming to work again. Make work your passion, not just your pension!
“We have received nothing but positive feedback and great comments about the seminar Sylvia put on. It was actually a perfect fit for our group of managers here – as we are all a very sarcastic/fun bunch. I can say pretty confidently that Sylvia’s presentation style and her engaging personality definitely is a great fit for StandardAero, and as I believe Fritz mentioned, we will definitely be recommending her within our group.”
Government & Military Sector StandardAero
“The feedback received from over five hundred nurses in attendance was overwhelmingly positive. Sylvia’s presentation was informative, engaging, and highly interactive. She was able to strike an excellent balance between content and entertainment and, because of her healthcare background, she was able to relate to our nurses. Sylvia was a pleasure to have.”
Manitoba Nurses Union (MNU) AGM
“It was of no surprise to me after attending Sylvia’s “Stressed to kill” session a couple of years ago that the “Happy Hour beings at 9 a.m.” workshop was amazing! Sylvia did a phenomenal job and the comments continue to pour in…..all over-the-top rave reviews. Between her natural charm, quick wit, insight & personal experiences, she could not have connected with the group any more than she did. Truly a wonderful experience!”
Great West Life
Louis Riel School Division
Safety Services of Manitoba
City of Winnipeg
Association of Manitoba Municipalities
CAPPA (Canadian Association of Petroleum Accountants)