Dr. Chris Carruthers shows people how to sleep better. She focuses on people with chronic health problems with her Sleep Well Tonight services.
Her story into keynote speaking began when she became ill with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at 38 years old. She found therapies and how to integrate them into conventional care. Chris regained optimal health and wants to share her experience and methods with others.
Chris’ mission expanded when she noticed talented workplace employees drained of energy. They were getting poor sleep. She began speaking to corporate, healthcare, and public groups and has been doing it for more than 30 years.
She delivers a respectful, professional presentation that amounts to measurable changes for safety and productivity.
Spotlight on Sleep: The Four Fundamentals
Sleep is a partially learned skill, and you can be in control of the quality of your sleep. Become more
aware of the value and necessity of healthy sleep, and learn three simple skills to assist in
gaining maximum sleep benefits.
• Take control of how well they sleep and how much energy they have each day.
• Recognize why healthy sleep is essential for them to be the best of themselves.
• Appreciate the Four Fundamentals of healthy sleep.
• Adopt the Top 10 Quick Tips to Sleep Well Tonight.
• Practice three simple skills to improve their sleep tonight.
• Commit to three impactful actions that will improve their sleep TODAY.
Additionally, in the 3-hour workshop participants will:
• Identify and make a plan to overcome their barriers to healthy sleep.
• Practice and develop confidence to perform three effective skills to
improve their sleep tonight.
Your Sleep Self-Assessment
Why You Must Improve Your Sleep:
• To Maximize Learning and Decision-Making
• To Enjoy a Healthy Weight
• To Reduce Risk of Illness and Accidents
• To Be Energized, Purposeful, and Fulfilled Every Day
Fundamental 1: Love Your Sleep Environment
Fundamental 2: Rewire Your Thinking About Sleep
Fundamental 3: Make Strategic Lifestyle Choices
Fundamental 4: Practice Three Simple Sleep Skills
• Expressive Writing
• The 36 Breaths
• The Body Scan
The Top 10 Quick Tips to Sleep Well Tonight
Learning More and Getting Support
Your Commitment and Your Next Steps
Full Engagement: Building A Greater Capacity for Life
Energy management, not time management, is the fundamental basis of a full capacity for
life. This program will help participants live their life with fulfillment in all areas of
meaning. They can stay physically energized, emotionally connected, mentally focused, and
spiritually aligned with purpose each day. This will allow their workplace needs to be
met and their maximum contribution to be fully expressed.
• Become more aware of their personal energy patterns.
• Recognize their blocks to maintaining energy.
• Assess their measures of energy; quantity, quality, focus and force.
• Get clear on their values.
• Build rituals to fit their purpose.
• Make a daily plan to maintain energy capacity.
Truthfully Assessing Your Energy Capacity
The 4 Principles of Energy Management –
Optimizing the quality, quantity, focus and force of your energy
How to expand and recover through rhythmicity and oscillation
Pacing and disengaging
The energy cost of thoughts, emotions and behaviors
How to balance renewal and expenditure
Addressing your barriers to full engagement
Developing an energy building strategy
“Robert’s entertaining and inspiring keynote presentation resonated with attendees at Starwood’s Leadership Conference. We received many positive comments about his message of customer service and the importance of teamwork and collaboration”
Starwood Hotels and Resorts
“Robert held the audience in the palm of his hand as he guided us through the value of truly outstanding client service! He demonstrated how the principles of the Nordstrum culture can be applied to other industries.”
Language Line Solutions
“Robert Spector was a featured guest speaker for Infiniti’s Leadership Summit Tour. His ideas for optimizing the customer experience struck a receptive chord with Infiniti retailers.”
“Your Presentation on Nordstrum and how to install the Nine Principles of Customer Service into our organization drew a tremendous response from the conference attendees. The brainstorming session was clearly empowering for the managers, many of whom commented about their eagerness to share the outcomes with their teams.”