Motivational coach and consultant Michelle Cederberg educates busy, driven professionals about purpose, productivity and the pursuit of better.
She knows how to make life big. Michelle was a competitive kayaker, an avid outdoor enthusiast, mountain biker, rock climber and snowboarder. She has been a fitness instructor and personal trainer.
Michelle is a psychology major turned Kinesiology Master. She has worked as a college instructor, health educator, and personal trainer always interested in what makes people tick – inside and out.
Michelle authored several books including The Success-energy Equation – Engage your Success-Energy and If Your Life Sucks It’s Your Fault.
Energized for Excellence
To succeed in any business environment, you need high-energy, and a high-performance mindset to make it happen. It’s clear then that abundant energy is at the core of excellence in work and in life. Without it your enthusiasm and output will be poor, and with more of it your passion and productivity will soar!
Health and Productivity Expert Michelle Cederberg has literally written the book on living an energetic and abundant life. Over the past 20 years she has built her career as a speaker, life coach and consultant transforming how people work and live.
She believes that when you’re Energized for Excellence you show up as a leader and strive for success in all you do. You take on bigger challenges, and better manage stress. You find ways to take care of your energy – mind, body and spirit – no matter what is coming at you. You feel great about yourself and your capabilities. What’s possible from there?
Highlighting information from her eye-opening book Energy Now! Small Steps to an Energetic Life this session will help you:
- Get clear on what excellence means to you in your career and life, and how you can take it to the next level.
- Discover ways to strengthen your mental focus, emotional energy and day-to-day prioritization to be a stand-out in all you do.
- Commit to physical health as a foundation for personal and professional growth, and learn why it’s the key to excellence.
- Embrace a path to excellence that includes career success without compromise.
Full of hilarious stories, anecdotes and innovative strategies, this session will educate, inspire and get you energized for excellence.
*This can also be done as a 3-hour workshop
The Success-Energy Equation
Every year, companies across North America lose billions of dollars due to burnout, stress, and mental health issues that cause employee productivity and positivity to plummet. You can’t ignore the problem, and you definitely can’t afford another band-aid, ‘workplace wellness’ solution. So, why not consider a fresh viewpoint?
If you want success in your organization, you need your people to be fit, focused and fired-up; not drained and distracted. But you won’t decrease stress and burnout through health habits alone. Success-Energy is a powerful combination of the goals, habits, energy and attitude you need to create high-level success at work, as well as happiness and fulfillment in your life.
The Success-Energy Equation explores four cornerstones of success that will help you and your team:
- Clarify direction: Set powerful personal and professional goals that give you focus, feed your purpose, and get you excited to do the work.
- Strengthen discipline: Identify the stand-out productivity habits you need for big-picture success in all you do; what’s working, what you should add in, and what you need to subtract.
- Sharpen mindset: Hone your mental muscle to boost self-confidence, positive attitude and grit, so you can stay focused and do the work you know you need to do.
- Prioritize health: Nurture mental, physical and emotional health as non-negotiable components that fuel your success-energy strategy.
Sure, you can find a certain level of success if you don’t address all four variables, in fact, it’s the way most busy people operate. But can you really call it success if all that hard work has robbed you of your health, energy, life balance, or quality time with your family?
By comparison, when you’re able to give focus to your mindset and health, as well as the goals and discipline that will bring about success, it’s truly transformative. Make this your year to live energetically, do work you love, and get the most out of life! That’s Success-Energy, and it’s worth exploring.
*This topic can be presented as a 60 to 90-minute keynote, or as a half or full-day session for your teams.
Recharge! Disconnect from ‘Busy’ and Plug-in to a Life That You Love
We want it all, and we want it to come easy – a successful career, a happy relationship and family life, great health, life balance – but it’s never that simple, is it? Despite hard work it can often feel like there’s just never enough; never enough time, never enough energy, never enough opportunities, never enough money. So, we tell ourselves it’s not possible and push back against the idea that we can have it all. Time for a recharge!
Michelle Cederberg is a High-Performance Coach and change agent who believes you can have all you want in your work and life, with precise clarity about what’s important to you, a bit of honesty around what’s holding you back from getting it, and a willingness to act beyond your comfort zone.
- In this boundary pushing keynote, you will:
- Learn Michelle’s 5 P’s of Work-Life Transformation and why each is important in your quest for ‘big picture’ success.
- Assess where you are with the 5 P’s, and clarify what work-life success can look like for you.
- Learn how to disconnect from ‘busy,’ and learn why your comfort zone may be holding you back.
- Find out about Michelle’s DTFW mindset and why it’s a game-changer.
- Discover how to take meaningful action to plug in to a life that you love.
Ideas and laughs converge in this high-energy keynote, and attendees leave with a renewed sense that it’s possible to recharge work and life, and win big in both. This is the ideal session to launch your event!
Health as your Competitive Edge for Leadership and Peak Performance*
When work demands are high, and the schedule is full, it’s far too easy to let lack of time and energy guide how you take care of yourself. It seems there’s always something more important to do, but when health gets pushed aside, it has a direct and often negative impact on energy, productivity, and brain power. Not to mention what it does for wellness and quality of life.
More and more research shows that the very health practices we push aside in the name of work progress, are the keys to better leadership and peak performance. In fact, health provides the ultimate competitive edge for business success. In this session, you will:
- Be reminded of the many physical benefits of exercise, eating right, sleep and stress management.
- Explore the benefits of health beyond the physical, especially regarding brain functions like long-term memory, attention, problem-solving, mental focus, and creativity.
- Examine how a health boosts emotional wellness, self-confidence and social connectedness, and why they matter for success.
- Assess your current health-practices; what’s going well, what’s missing, and what you shouldn’t be without.
- Identify effective, time-efficient ways to optimize your health, and that of your teams, so you show up every day mentally, physically and emotionally dialed-in.
And think about this: If you’re already knocking it out of the park with career success, imagine how much more you’ll be capable of when you prioritize health as non-negotiable part of your business plan?
*This can also be done as a 3-hour workshop
Workshops & Breakouts
Exposing the Myth of Life Balance
75% of Canadians don’t believe that work-life balance is possible. We’re working more than ever, spending less time with our friends and family, and inevitably watching our health and happiness drift away. So maybe life balance isn’t possible?
Michelle Cederberg is pushing back against the common definitions of life balance and challenges you to consider a new view. In this thought-provoking session, you will:
- Get clear on what better balance means to you and set your intentions for moving forward with change.
- Identify your biggest time wasters and effectively prioritize your day to find time for the things that matter.
- Learn small-steps methods for boosting energy throughout your day.
- Develop strategies to move forward with greater clarity, work day focus, and life balance.
Michelle uses humour and expertise to cut to the chase with ideas and insights that help even the busiest people live an energetic, more balanced life.
When day-to-day stress is high (and let’s face it, when isn’t it?) most of us let lack of time and motivation guide our health care actions. The result is unhealthy lifestyle practices that contribute to a litany of workplace challenges including increased absenteeism, health claims, short and long-term disability and workplace accidents. In fact, the Canadian Policy Research Networks estimates that stress-related absences cost Canadian employers about $3.5 billion each year.
Long hours, large workloads and lack of time – and the stress they bring – are part of today’s workplace reality but that doesn’t mean you should let it affect your quality of life.
Join Michelle Cederberg as she presents her viewpoints on the physical impact of stress on the body, how we create needless stress for ourselves, and what we can do to move from stress to success. This session will help you:
- Understand the physical impact that stress has on your body and long-term health, and learn how to recognize the subtle signs of increasing stress.
- Discover how stress affects your day-to-day stamina and productivity and learn ways to stay focused and alert.
- Find ways to enhance motivation toward the essential stress management practices of exercise, healthy-eating, and sleep and learn why they’re key to your success.
- Create a small-steps-plan for moving ahead with change.
Stress may be an inevitable part of life, but fighting back is up to you! This session will provide big ideas for small steps toward improved stress management and health.
Goals, Grit and Getting Things Done
When it comes to goal setting and getting things done, why is it that some people are able to push forward and achieve at high levels while others seem to flounder? Research suggests that it has less to do with skill or education, and more to do with how we set goals and whether we possess key characteristics of something called grit – the persistence, drive and determination to achieve a goal.
Michelle Cederberg is a High-Performance Coach and change agent who wants to help you get things done. In this eye-opening session you will:
- Explore 5 characteristics of grit and learn ways to exploit each in your quest to have it all.
- Learn how to set effective goals, and find out why long-term goals matter
- Identify behaviours that positively (and negatively) impact goal achievement so you can focus on the right ones.
Find out the number one, surprising reason people don’t succeed at any given pursuit (and how you can avoid this pitfall).
In the quest for career success and life fulfillment, goals matter. Explore effective, exciting goal setting methods, learn ways strengthen your grit, and gain insights to really get things done. This session provides the tools.
Health & Safety Programs
Backed by Science and Experience
Michelle’s extensive education, and hands-on experience teaching personal health and stress management make her sought-after for impactful, practical Health and Safety presentations in any field. She has worked with a variety of organizations that include oil and gas field operations, food packaging plants, healthcare, emergency services, construction safety, municipal staff and more. Choose from the sessions above, or ask her about programs designed to meet your specific needs.
“Michelle was the kick-off speaker for our new women’s initiative – WISE (Women in Support of Excellence.) Her presentation, Energized for Excellence, was fun, informative and witty. Michelle had our group laughing right from the beginning. The women took away some fabulous advice to begin the process of making themselves and their careers better and more focused.”
BDO Canada LLP
“Michelle was our guest speaker recently for a room full of real estate industry members who had just sat through a “not so exciting” annual general meeting, followed by a fulfilling luncheon. Needless to say, Michelle had no difficulty getting the attention of the group with her lively and energized presentation. She offered great insights on how “we can have it all” starting with small steps easily achievable by simple changes in our daily lives. What does it mean to “have it all” – maybe we already do! Our members gained value from Michelle’s presentation and walked away with an enthusiastic outlook – AWRA would highly endorse Michelle for any audience – she really was wonderful!”
Alberta West REALTORS® Association
“Michelle is an extremely engaging speaker. She opened for our Canadian Cardiovascular Nurses Spring Conference hosted in Calgary this year and I wish we could have heard her speak for the entire day. She brings laughter and energy and has simple take aways for all of us. Michelle tailors her messages on self-care to meet the audience’s needs. This topic is especially important for Nurses as we have tendency to always put the needs of others (our patients/ our own family members/ friends/ co-workers etc.) ahead of our own.”
Alberta Health Services
“I have heard Michelle speak twice before, and would jump at an opportunity to hear her again. She will gauge your group and customize her presentation, keeping your interest with her heartwarming stories, and enthusiastic energy that she brings to the room. I remember and live by her quotes on living life to the fullest.”
Regional Municipality of Durham
Nexen Canada Inc.
Sun Life Financial
TD Canada trust
Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
BC Certified Management Accountants
University of Calgary
Mount Royal University
College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
Canadian Society of Vascular Nursing
United Nurses of Alberta
B.C. Nurse Practitioners
Alberta Children’s Hospital
Interlake Regional Health
Alberta Recreation and Parks Association
Sheet Metal and Mechanical Contractors Association of Alberta
Alberta Municipal Clerks Association
Alberta Health and Safety Conference Association
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
City of Coquitlam
City of Grande Prairie
Town of Stony Plain