Carla Rieger is a resilience, communications, and change expert that helps leaders be more effective in the age of technology.
Her academic background includes organizational psychology, sales performance training, conflict resolution, adult education, creative process, change leadership and educational kinesiology.
She has written six books including MindStory Inner Coach, Storytelling in Business, The Heart of Presenting, Presentations for Prosperity, plus hundreds of articles and 12 online learning programs.
Carla has a decade in comedy and has been a trainer, facilitator, coach, speaker, and consultant. She uses proven secrets from the world of performing arts to help organizations become innovation leaders and sound business solutions that people can immediately translate into results. With a strong background in organizational psychology, change management, experiential learning, comedy and storytelling, all her presentations are highly engaging.
Her work has been featured on radio, TV and in magazines. She founded several theatre groups including Mad Cow Productions, the Vancouver Playback Theatre troupe and Mythic Café from which she wrote, produced and performed a one-woman show, Dancing Between Worlds.
The Artistry of Change:
The Top 3 Habits of Highly Resilient People
“Everyone is born an artist. The trick is to re-capture that innate ability as an adult and put it into all aspects of life.” – Pablo Piccaso
The most indispensable people on the job these days are those who can reinvent, lead, innovate, and communicate while facing constant transitions. This program practically explores how to accept what you cannot change, change what you can, and have the wisdom to know the difference. After 10 years of research we have identified the top 3 habits of people who actually practice this wisdom regularly. We call these people Change Artists–and anyone can learn to re-access these innate skills through small daily habits. During this engaging and practical program your group will discover how to:
- find the benefits from challenges.
- shift a reactive state of mind to a problem solving state of mind.
- customize this framework for your organizational setting.
- create a culture of innovation one small step at a time.
The Artistry of Change® is a powerful framework that blends diverse fields such as educational kinesiology, western and eastern psychology, change management theory, creative process models, and neuroscience. Witness how these fields are merging in exciting ways to produce the new ‘organizational artistry’.
The Power of Laughter:
Managing Change with a Sense of Humor
“At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.” – Jean Houston
Is your working environment too serious? Has overwhelming change made the Grump-O-Meter go up? Constructive fun at work contributes to employee engagement, customer loyalty and improved productivity. It activates your ability to successfully navigate the white water of constant change. During this practical, entertaining and inspiring presentation, your group will discover how fun can:
- build rapport
- manage stress
- improve innovative thinking
- increase energy and productivity
- enhance daily enjoyment of work
- make your workplace more attractive to top employees
- Experience the joy of laughing and playing together, a celebration of people and life.
How to Create Presentations that Attract More Business and Inspire Positive Change
- Do people seem uninterested or resistant to your message?
- Do you need better clarity on what to say during presentations?
- Are you struggling with how to communicate the value of your offerings to others?
…then this program might just be for you. Win people over to your message with this step-by-step process.
Discover top tips for crafting and delivering presentations that build the value of your message to the specific people you are talking to. Discover how to:
- build better rapport with your listeners
- feel and act more confident
- build more relevance for those you are there to serve
- attract the results you need – more income, more credibility, more impact, more buy in
Available as a keynote presentation, breakout session, leadership/staff development program or on-going coaching program.
How to Win Over Your Listeners with Stories
Discover 3 Top Ways to Inspire People to Action
Those who tell stories rule the world. Think about it. All the great communicators throughout history use stories.
Yet, most people in business just talk using boring concepts and facts. If you can learn to balance that with stories and examples, you’ll notice people’s engagement go up dramatically.
During this lively, entertaining and practical keynote you will be introduced to Carla Rieger’s top 3 tools for engaging and inspiring your listeners. You discover:
- how to use stories, anecdotes and well-placed examples to:
- move people from distracted to focused when you share ideas
- help people understand a complex message more quickly
- shift people from inaction and fear, to action and certainty
Experience the power of engaging your listeners no matter what the topic
Workshops and Breakout Sessions
Storytelling in Business
- Are your listeners not as engaged as you’d like them to be?
- Are you finding it hard to convey a complex message briefly?
- Do you love stories but aren’t sure how to craft them?
…then this program might just be for you. People who can craft their message in story form are indispensable communicators whether it’s a formal presentation, education session, running a meeting or one-on-one.
Most presenters need more stories, but either can’t think of any to tell, don’t know how to craft them effectively or lack the skills to delivery them well. During this engaging session you will discover:
- a template for creating powerful stories
- the do’s and don’ts of using stories
- how to delivery stories with greater impact
Available as a keynote speech, 1/2 day, full day and as part of a 3 day training program.
Speaking on the Funny Side of the Brain
“Blessed are those who can make people laugh, for they shall never be without an audience.”
Here is a unique approach to unlocking your comic genius. If you want to stand out from your competition as a business communicator, you need to make people smile from time to time. Contrary to popular belief, being a more light-hearted presenter is a skill that CAN be taught. Discover how to tap into the funny side of your brain to:
- build rapport with your listeners
- open people’s minds to new ideas
- turn dry concepts into engaging stories
- make your message more memorable
The Art Of Communication
How to Turn Differences into Win-Win Solutions
Conflict is an element like fire: too much causes damages; too little and no transformation can occur.
Costly communication breakdowns often happen between people because of simple-to-solve issues. If not dealt with you can lose productivity, income, well being, customers and employee engagement.
Diversity of opinions between people can lead to decisions that are wiser and more sustainable. This program covers the top habits of those who turn differences into solutions. During this engaging and interactive presentation you will discover how to:
- practice 3 habits that prevent communication breakdowns
- communicate your needs without causing defensiveness
- switch from an unhealthy tension to a healthy discussion
- have touchy conversations that lead to positive outcomes
- win back trust and create goodwill where it was lost
Experience the joy of making open communication a part of your daily work life.
Training In Teambuilding And Recognition
The group that plays together – stays together.
A team, organization or company cannot move forward unless a core group of people act together on a shared vision.
Creating a culture of workplace enjoyment establishes:
- a web of goodwill
- motivation to serve and be loyal
- higher and more positive energy
- a solutions-oriented mindset when facing problems
Conversely, teams that operate from a foundation of scarcity, distrust, apathy, and reactivity end up having to deal with a host of unnecessary problems: absenteeism, high turnover, office politics, and costly communication breakdowns.
During this engaging and interaction program attendees will:
celebrate big and small accomplishments
discover structures that bring out the best in people
build their “team esteem”
Experience the power of creating a thriving team culture.
Overwhelmed By Your Task List?
3 Tools to Break Free
Rushing around overwhelmed and impatient is now epidemic. This state of mind has become normalized in our society. Yet, it doesn’t have to be that way.
The costs to you, your work, your organization, family and society are huge such as:
- Foggy thinking leading to less productivity
- Relationship breakdowns
- Financial problems
- Lowered happiness and quality of life
Mindset is 80% of your success in project management. Most top athletes, musicians and business people hire mindset coaches to help them survive and thrive given the immense pressure of their role.
Project managers are under just as much pressure at times, and need these tools too.
Strategies will get you through for the short term, but for lasting results you need good practices of mind that work at both the conscious and subconscious levels for lasting results.
Benefits to attending this session:
- Lower your stress even under intense deadlines
- Get more done in less time with less suffering
- Help yourself and others be less reactive and more solutions-oriented under pressure
Experience the relief of being calm, cool and collected under pressure.
“We have heard only excellent feedback on your presentation, and everyone wants you back for next year’s conference!”
Canadian Institute of Financial Planners
“Carla’s keynote was enthusiastically received by every employee who attended our sales rallies across Canada. She not only entertained us with some much needed fun and laughter, she taught us how to create the change we want to see.”
“This was one of the most helpful and uplifting presentations I’ve ever experienced!”
“Our franchise owners juggle many roles at once and often have to deal with negative attitudes on the part of staff. Carla’s program on managing change and dealing with challenging people really hit home with us.”
Opthalmic Nurse’s Association
Internal Revenue Service