Jason Is An Author, Employee Engagement & Workplace Culture Expert Who Will Challenge You To Think Differently To Help You Boost Employee Engagement.
Management transformation begins with Jason Lauritsen as a keynote speaker. He can help launch human work potential while liberating leaders from outdated and inhumane practices. He knows a better way to help everyone thrive.
Jason has strategies formed by years of entrepreneur experience, corporate executive experience, and employee engagement. Leaders have considered Jason a “secret weapon” who creates a better work experience for employees.
Jason is authentic in his storytelling and those who hear him will have perspectives changed. He has a passion for fixing management problems that started with his first supervisory job when he was just 12 years old. He became determined to find a better way to do things.
With experiences that include startup CEO to a Fortune 1000 executive, Jason led the Best Places to Work program for a HR technology company that helped him to gain deep insight into what makes a great place to work.
He authored two books, Unlocking High Performance: How to use performance management to engage and empower employees to reach their full potential and Social Gravity: Harnessing the Natural Laws of Relationships.
Unlocking High Performance
Can you engage employees and maximize performance at the same time? Isn’t having fun at work counter-productive? Why do I need to recognize employees for simply doing their job? If you wrestle with these questions, you aren’t alone. You’re struggling with the disconnect between an outdated model of management and a new world of work. The time for top down, compliance-based management is over. To attract, retain and unleash great talent for your organization, a new approach is required.
In this powerful keynote, you will learn how successful organizations are unleashing the full potential of their employees by creating a more “human-friendly” work experience. Employee engagement expert, Jason Lauritsen, will reveal how you can more effectively manage performance by making work feel more like a healthy relationship than an unpleasant obligation. You’ll leave the experience inspired, informed and equipped with a new approach for unlocking higher performance that employees will love.
• Why traditional management practices have failed us
• How work as a contract is being replaced by work as a relationship
• Managing performance is really about creating the right kind of employee experience
• To manage human performance through experience requires planning, cultivation and accountability
• Case studies and examples for how to transform the performance of your team or organization
The Relationship Comes First: Discovering the True Path to Employee Engagement
Work has been defined in many ways over the years: a contract, a transaction, a value exchange. This led to describing humans as capital and designing systems that treat people like assets to be managed and optimized. Is it any wonder that employees’ feeling of engagement within these organizations continues to drop? It doesn’t feel good to be treated like an investment to be maximized.
To reverse this trend requires that we understand what work is for employees, a relationship, and a critically important one. Research has shown us that employees crave the same things from work that they do from other important relationships in their lives: appreciation, connection, acceptance, communication, and support. In this session, we will explore how designing the employee experience through the lens of a healthy relationship will focus your employee engagement efforts for greater impact.
What you will learn:
• Deconstruct employee engagement practices to discover why and how the current model is falling short by focusing on maximizing employee discretionary effort
• Discover that for employees, work is an important relationship and that the work experience should be designed as a relationship for employees rather than as a company process to be optimized
• Gain a deeper understanding of the elements that make for a healthy relationship and how to use this model to design a more engaging and fulfilling experience for employees at work
Making Performance Management Human-Friendly
We can all now admit that the annual performance appraisal is a bad process. Employees hate it. Managements hate it. If we are honest, HR hates it too. The process was designed to enforce policies, not motivate performance. No wonder the humans involved don’t like it. And, many of our other performance management processes like one-on-one meetings and 360-degree feedback don’t fare much better.
To make performance management processes more effective and engaging, we must understand that employees experience work as a relationship. Creating human-friendly performance processes means ensuring that the experience builds the relationship instead of damaging it. The process should foster trust and make the employee feel valued and supported. Learn to use the “relationship test” to make your processes more human-friendly.
What you will learn:
• Explore how traditional performance management approaches are flawed because they focus on enforcing compliance rather than motivating behavior
• Learn how to make performance management processes including performance reviews, one-on-one meetings, and 360-degree feedback more human-friendly
• Discover how to use the “relationship test” to redesign processes to be more human friendly and engaging
Being the Best: Discovering the Secrets to Building a Best Place to Work
Becoming a “Best Place to Work” is at the top of many organization’s priority lists. To attract and keep the best talent requires fostering an engaging culture where people want to work. But, building an extraordinary workplace is easier said than done. In fact, it’s hard to even know where to start.
This dynamic session will reveal research-based insights into the what, why and how of building and sustaining a “Best Place to Work” for your employees. And (spoiler alert) it’s not about installing ping pong tables or sleep pods.
• Understand what organizations with exceptional workplaces do differently than others to engage and retain their best talent
• Discover the common elements found within “Best Places to Work” and what they tell us about how to create the most engaging workplaces
• Gain practical advice for how to take action within your organization to implement the lessons from “Best Places to Work” in order to increase employee engagement and performance within your own organization.
What Are You Waiting For? Find the Courage to Disrupt
As the pace of change accelerates, leaders must face the reality that what we’ve always done isn’t working any longer. Innovation is a requirement of survival. And innovation demands disruption.
Knowing disruption is needed is one thing, doing it is another. It requires an ingredient that can be hard to find: Courage. To do the work that will truly make a difference demands that you face your fears of failure and rejection and move beyond them.
In this session, we will confront the most common fears that are holding you back and replace them with the mindset and skill to find your courage.
• Identify key mental obstacles that are holding you back from making a bigger impact
• Explore the nature of courage and how to find more to fuel your work
• Discover some key skills to equip yourself to move past your fear and accomplish breakthrough results
HR as Social Architect: Maximizing the New Talent Equation
It seems that everyone these days is saying that business is now “social.” The rise of social media and other technology has changed how we do business. These same technologies are changing the very nature of work and how the workplace must be designed. The truth is,
business has always been social, and so has work. Technology has simply unleashed the power of social in new and powerful ways.
This evolution has revealed that our traditional models for cultivating talent are insufficient. The new equation for talent isn’t just about building human capital (the knowledge, skills and abilities). It must also include social capital (the value that exists within relationships) if you
are to unlock your organization’s true capability for innovation and performance. This thought provoking and actionable session will reveal to you the new talent equation and how the next evolution for Human Resources is to become the social architect of the organization.
• Explore how the evolution of the organization and the rise of social technology has fundamentally changed how value is created within the organization. Uncover how this shift now requires an expanded definition of talent that considers the power of personal relationships and networks as an amplifier of impact.
• Discover how cultivating connection, as a means to build social capital, is an underutilized but powerful strategy for gaining competitive advantage.
• Learn six powerful strategies with twelve specific tactics for creating a work environment that fosters connection and grows social capital as means to fuel innovation, engagement and performance across the organization.
“Jason, Thanks so much for taking the time to visit BSHRM and share your knowledge with us. Both the workshop and the lunch presentation were excellent! I just finished reviewing the evaluations from the workshop and, of course, your received all 5s and some great comments: “Awesome. This was a very different and detailed look at engagement. Loved it!” “I want more of this kind of programming. I love it! He is great!” “Wonderful presentation and relevant content. Left feeling empowered to provide more peer recognition and filled with creative ideas to take home.” “Could have spent the whole day on this topic. Really liked the concrete data provided.” Again, thanks for everything!”
Birmingham Society Of Human Resources Management
“Jason spoke at our Brightstar Accessories Growth Summit as our Keynote speaker. Our annual Growth Summit is an opportunity for us to host our biggest and brightest clients and vendors in Omaha for three days of networking, learning, and collaborating. It is paramount that our event include content that our clients can learn and take back for immediate impact into their organization. Jason’s presentation on hacks allowed our vendors, clients and staff to collaborate on solving problems and learning about each other’s business needs and challenges. The interactivity and the content was a brilliant addition to our most important event of the year. Attendees left energized and empowered to improve their businesses with the tools and recommendations he provided. Awesome experience!”
“You were terrific and this is a great keynote! I cannot wait to get the book! Jason Lauritsen is a dynamic speaker and employee engagement expert that will grab your audience and spark them to think about engagement in a new way. Jason had our attendee’s attention from the moment he took the stage and his presentation style kept them engaged. Social media was jumping during his session tweeting the insights they were learning from Jason and wrote they loved his presentation. I highly recommend Jason for any setting where valuable insights on employee engagement linked to high performance would resonate.”
2018 Ohio Shrm