Peter Successfully Developed What Began As A Small-circulation Television Listings Magazine Called TV Week Into The Foundation For A Top Canadian Enterprise.
Media mogul Peter Legge offers keynote speeches on leadership, inspiration, communication, and entrepreneurship as he reflects on his role as Chairman and CEO of the largest independently owned media publishing company in Western Canada known as Canada Wide Media Limited.
The network controls more than 25 magazines and provides services and products with more than $15 million in annual sales.
Peter is author to twenty books including, The Power to Soar Higher, The Power of a Dream and most recently The Power of Tenacity have moved thousands of people towards positive change.
His presentations are based on his everyday experiences as a community leader, husband, father and CEO.
Toastmasters International voted Peter “Golden Gavel Award Winner” and “Top Speaker in North America” and both the National Speakers Association and the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers have inducted him into the Speakers Hall of Fame.
Peter is also a member of the prestigious Speakers Roundtable, an invitation-only society comprising 20 of North America’s top professional speakers.
The Runway of Life
Life, like a runway, is limited in length. Let Peter Legge show you how to make the most of it and live your dreams with his life-changing Runway of Life lessons. An award-winning businessman, professional speaker and best-selling author, Peter uses a series of inspiring, entertaining stories, conveyed with disarming warmth and good humor, to show you how to…
- Dream big and set goals, because the first step to achieving a dream is having one.
- Discover your talents and your purpose. When the two intersect there is no limit as to what you can achieve.
- Embrace entrepreneurship and learn how everything you do – even the efforts that fail – propels you toward success.
- Read for success and use the wisdom of successful people to enhance your own life.
- Harness the dynamic qualities of enthusiasm, a positive attitude and unshakable tenacity.
- Use your time effectively to gain the greatest rewards.
General audiences, associations, middle management
27 Success Habits Winning Ways: Developing Million-Dollar Habits For Success
To be a winner in life and in business you must act like a winner, and what better way to do that than to emulate the habits of highly successful people. Let internationally renowned businessman, best-selling author and acclaimed professional speaker Peter Legge be your guide. A born storyteller with an entertainer’s wit and sense of timing, Peter takes audiences on an inspirational journey through 27 simple and easy-to-implement habits that cumulatively have the power to change your life and your fortunes. During this unique seminar, supported by a hands-on workbook,
Peter will help you…
- Learn the importance of goal setting and focusing on your strengths.
- Commit to “doing what it takes” to get the job done.
- Discover the power of an optimistic outlook and prosperous mindset.
- Learn how to practice more self-discipline.
- Find out how to gain strength from adverse situations.
- Let Peter show you the 27 things you need to do to be the million-dollar success you were born to be.
General audiences, associations, middle management
Taking on the Giant: How to Meet the Challenges of Leadership
The leadership role, whether at the head of a family or at the helm of a major corporation, brings with it many challenges, rewards and responsibilities. Peter Legge, president and CEO of Canada Wide Media Limited. (the largest independently owned publishing company in Western Canada), knows what it takes to be a successful leader. His more than 40 years of first-hand business experience form the core of this powerful, often funny and always entertaining seminar on what it takes to be effective in the leadership role.
Topics covered in this examination of leadership include how to:
- Take control of the leadership role in your organization.
- Model positive work habits that set the standard for your staff.
- Establish ground rules to create a solid corporate foundation.
- Enhance your leadership skills.
- Motivate your staff to achieve greater levels of excellence.
- This seminar is invaluable for both serving leaders and those who aspire to a leadership role.
Middle to senior management, entrepreneurs.
Make Your Life a Masterpiece: Take Control of Your Canvas of Life For Success!
Creating your masterpiece takes courage and the belief that you have a gift to offer the world. It also takes self-mastery and a winning attitude! Peter Legge is a masterful leader in business and in life. He is the bestselling author of Make Your Life a Masterpiece and is an internationally sought-after professional speaker. With the warmth and humour Peter is world renowned for, he artfully draws from his own canvas to deliver the ideas and attitudes you need to create your own masterpiece.
Learn how your distinctive style and one-of-a-kind experience is key to being the master of your own destiny. Understand that while your circumstances may determine the colours that you have to work with, the choices that you make day-to-day are in fact, the brushstrokes that will define what your masterpiece looks like. Peter’s Masterpiece presentation offers a palate of timeless lessons and entertaining stories from his book including:
- Choose to be a life-long optimist.
- Commit to excellence.
- Take the time to build your relationships.
- Make every moment count.
- Feed your mind.
- Serve the community.
It’s Not Enough To Do Things Right, Do The Right Things: Leadership Principles for Life, Business and Success
What are you doing today to become the leader you want to be?
Peter Legge learned at a very early age that leadership is never given, but rather taken and based on the important principles instilled in his youth, Peter has developed a proven track record as both a leader and a mentor to others. His company, Canada Wide Media Limited is a Canadian success story – celebrating 35 years in business without ever having lost money. Under his leadership Canada Wide has established a track record for success that is the envy of many businesses.
“Given the fact that 50 per-cent of all new businesses fail in the first year, 50 per-cent of the remaining 50 per-cent fail in the second year and 50 per-cent of those left fail in the third, it is my father’s lessons that have helped Canada Wide Media to be a successful company for 35 years,” explains Peter. In that time, we have never lost money – ever! And we have an impeccable reputation and respect in the community”.
Let Peter share with you seven principles that have worked for him:
- Being resourceful, inventive and creative and doing what is required.
- Carefully choosing the five people you spend the most time with.
- Living every day with passion, a positive attitude and purpose.
- Seeking out mentors who will teach, encourage and guide you to success.
- Serving the community – giving back infinitely more than you take.
- Setting big goals.
- Guarding your integrity.
Master painter and sculptor Michelangelo once said, “And yet I am still learning.” Who will you learn from so that your life, your business and the success that you’ve dreamed of becomes your masterpiece?
The 16 Irrefutable Laws of Salesmanship: Follow Them and Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier
Mastering the art of salesmanship isn’t about selling products, it’s about building relationships with people. The most important secret in salesmanship is to understand what the other fellow wants, then help him find the best way to get it.
Let master salesman and entrepreneur Peter Legge, the powerhouse behind Western Canada’s largest independently owned publishing company, be your guide as you learn the techniques and principles practiced by all of the highest paid salespeople every day. Having trained and mentored top performers in numerous fields for more than 30 years, Peter shares entertaining and insightful stories from his own experiences to highlight important lessons that have been time-tested by the most successful salespeople. These lessons will show you how to increase your sales faster and easier by adopting the action-oriented habits of those top performers. Applied regularly, these principles are virtually guaranteed to move you to the top of your field.
Let Peter show you how to help others get what they want, accomplish more in less time, do it better than anyone else and become one of the top performers in your field.
Doing Business in Tough Times – Proven Strategies and Timeless Lessons to Stay on Top
Are you worried about the current state of the North American economy? Do you feel like your strategy just isn’t having the same impact as it was? With more than 35 years as a successful entrepreneur, Peter Legge will tell you that in good times and bad, the fundamentals of success don’t change, we just have to be reminded from time to time about what they are and how to apply them in the current economic climate.
Discover how to weather the storm and learn 97 useful tips on how to do business in tough times by getting back to the basics. You’ll be amazed at how just a few small adjustments in your strategy can make a big difference in the results you get. Don’t miss your opportunity as a business leader to sharpen your focus and secure profitability and long-term success for your personal and professional life.
Smooth Stones: Ammunition for Personal Change
In the famed biblical story David and Goliath, all it took for young David to slay the giant was five smooth stones, a sling, and a lot of focus. In his acclaimed seminar, Five Smooth Stones, Peter Legge uses this timeless tale of triumph over adversity as a vehicle for exploring what it takes to prevail in life and in business. One of the great storytellers of our time, with an amazing capacity to entertain audiences while conveying a powerful message, Peter talks about the five key elements necessary to overcoming obstacles and realizing your full potential:
- Leadership – Learn how to take command of your life and live each day to the fullest.
- Motivation – Harness the power of the will to succeed and learn how to stay motivated.
- Perseverance – Stand firm, believe in yourself, and never give up.
- Personal development – Cultivate the skills you need, and learn how to make continuous personal growth part of your life.
- Success – See yourself as a success and you will be a success. Peter’s stories will inspire and entertain you while adding deeper meaning and dimension to his five key points.
“Your material and delivery was superb and most relevant …you left us with just the right prescription for the future.”
“Your inspirational remarks were the highlight of the conference.”
Canadian Mortgage & Housing Corp.
“Peter did an outstanding job! Excellent relevance to life! One of the best speakers I’ve heard in a long time! Excellent, had me laughing and crying.”
Western Conference of Prepaid Medical Services Plan