Dynamic speaker Steve Gutzler shows audiences how things like personal transformation, leadership and emotional intelligence can inspire greatness.
He communicates these ideas with clarity and humour as well as providing strategies on how to manage challenges where people wonder if they can continue functioning at their full potential.
Steve coached and trained corporate leaders, professional athletes and world-class organizations. He has a reputation for being an authority on these issues and creating high-performance teams. Clients include Microsoft, Seattle Seahawks, LinkedIn, Spotify and the Ritz Carlton.
How extraordinary leaders manage moments that define their reputation and drive successful results
Research shows that 83% of the time, people are able to effectively manage their relationships with people and the tasks that need to get done. However, in those 17% moments when interactions become more challenging, and work more difficult, we all find the hard truth: whether or not we are able to continue to operate at our full potential. This is the heart of emotional intelligence and where your reputation is built.
Armed with the most recent research in the field of human behavior, Steve Gutzler will guide your team through the “new rules” of leadership to become more effective and influential. Steve shares stories that will amaze and entertain your team, while delivering the actionable leadership tools they need to soar. These lessons and strategies can be applied immediately in leadership, sales, and personal development. Audiences will walk away feeling inspired, empowered, and equipped to tackle professional must-have goals.
• Discover the brain science of emotions and how to self-regulate emotional hijacking moments
• How to turn the stress hormone, cortisol, into your friend
• Master your emotions, moods, and attitudes for high performance
• How to connect deeper and coach more effectively
• The four strategies to mastering the 17% moments
• Breakthrough methods for communication, collaboration, and coaching
Emotional Intelligence for Extraordinary Leadership
The Brain Science of High Performance and Influence
In today’s fast-paced, competitive work environment, with the explosion of our information age and the increased potential of the millennial generation, it has become clear that in order to lead with impact, one has to fully engage the minds, emotions, and spirits of those they lead. While many managers are skilled at presenting team goals and strategies, the skillsets of emotional intelligence and leveraging the brain science of high performance are the new competitive edge. Empowering your team to feel emotionally connected with their own purpose and to one another is imperative. This dynamic and fast-paced presentation will offer you practical tools for professional excellence and high-performance in leadership and life.
• Examine strengths and weaknesses for developing emotional intelligence
• Learn the brain science of emotional hijacking moments and strategies for self-regulation
• Develop composure skills and redirecting emotions in order to ensure “win-wins”
• Learn actionable skills for resiliency and stress management
• Demonstrate and increase empathy by acknowledging others’ feelings and perspectives
• Build bonds of connection by nurturing instrumental relationships
• Uphold integrity and increase your persuasive influence and leadership impact
• Build collaborative skills and empower communication
• Recognize the contagious influence of your moods, attitudes, and emotions
Unleash the Leader Inside You
Great leaders understand that true leadership is not just about a title or position, it’s about being a positive influence, creating positive impact, and inspiring greatness in others.
Through inspiring stories, Steve explains how rapid change impacts the role of leaders, and guides participants through a dynamic process of five shifts to increase their professional skill set and bottom-line influence.
Audience members will leave this motivational experience with actionable takeaways for professional and personal growth, and the knowledge and inspiration to become the leader they want to be.
• Discover the five shifts to accelerate leadership influence
• Shift from victim to leadership language to attract greatness
• Unlock greater clarity and vision which creates daily passion
• Learn the “green-light” focus strategies that multiply and compound success
• Discover how becoming a “corporate athlete” combats stress and releases positive energy
• Walk away with the action steps necessary to create lasting behavior change and empower team performance
• Learn the two most important hours of your day that increase your bottom line
• Discover ways to collaborate and encourage more contributions of others
Full Potential: How to Perform Best Under Pressure
This dynamic keynote addresses the epidemic of stress and pressure. Through inspiring stories and real-life case studies, Steve explains how leaders today need to be both “smart and healthy”. How to avoid self-sabotage and burnout through the science of Emotional Intelligence and stress resiliency tactics. How to continue to operate at optimum levels while facing deadlines and challenging relationships.
Steve will help your team increase performance and provide you with break-through techniques and strategies for self-leadership. Learn how to employ Emotional Intelligence for peak performance. This keynote will provide you with inspiration and actionable tools to get to the next level of performance.
You will learn:
• How to self-manage those 17% moments when interactions in business become challenging and work more difficult
• How to create stress-resiliency tactics for sustainable success
• How to operate at full-potential and tap into confidence, optimism, resiliency and enthusiasm
• How to remain healthy and recognize exhaustion and burnout is not considered a badge of honor
• How leaders help others manage, energy and emotion when it matters most
Selling with Emotional Intelligence
In today’s ultra-fast-paced, competitive business environment, it’s not enough for sales professionals to be skilled at technical or tactical skill sets. The old paradigm of appointment setting, rehearsing presentations, and pushing the close must be replaced with the higher skills of selling with emotional intelligence.
In Selling with Emotional Intelligence, Steve Gutzler explains the brain science around emotions and high-performance leadership. He will arm your sales professionals with actionable tactics and tools to connect deeper, collaborate around mutual success, create emotional bonds of lasting loyalty, and stay resilient in the face of temporary setbacks.
• Discover the five emotional intelligence competencies to increase sales and high performance
• Learn actionable strategies to self-regulate emotional hijacking moments in yourself and self-regulate others
• Build stress resiliency tactics for sustainable success and daily breakthroughs
• Learn the keys to relationship management and how to manage the emotions of others towards your desired outcomes
• Learn communication mastery and the importance of building emotional connections of loyalty and lasting trust
“Steve Gutzler has made the topic of Emotional Intelligence relevant and impactful over the course of several events with my Senior Leadership Team and Managers of our Global Outsourcing business. These highly–interactive sessions have received consistent praise from my organization, and have had an impact on us both personally and professionally.”
“Steve Gutzler absolutely “brings it” each and every time he has worked with our team! I’ve had the pleasure of working with Steve since 2002 and he was an irrefutable “WOW” during our annual General Managers Conferences and Leadership Team Advances. He has a unique ability to bring energy, authenticity, and practical takeaways with his presentations.”
The Hotel Group
“Steve’s presentations always hit the mark with excellence and strategic insight. He will give your audience plenty of practical take-aways that they’ll want to remember and use. Having built a nationwide business from the ground up, and partnered with accomplished speakers in business and politics, I can enthusiastically recommend Steve Gutzler for leadership conferences or sales meetings.”